To replace SUMCO’s inefficient chiller and make-up air units, EMCOR Services Shambaugh developed a scope of work and strategy that would provide optimum ongoing efficiency and reliability.
Based on a thorough facility walk-through, we provided a two-phase solution that included preventive maintenance. This collaboration among our multiple teams provided SUMCO with significant value.
We demolished and removed four make-up air (MUA) units, and replaced them with new MUA units on SUMCO’s structural steel roof. We then installed a high-efficiency chiller, and reconnected all electrical feeds, gas feed, and chilled water lines.
The project was completed during normal business hours, on schedule, and within budget.
To help keep their staff comfortable and their operations running efficiently, SUMCO was in need of HVAC equipment replacement and ongoing maintenance.
Our comprehensive solution included:
- Four 100-ton MUA units with chilled water coils
- Duct connections to existing roof openings
- A 400-ton air-cooled dual-power chiller with electrical and chilled water line connections
- Factory startup of newly-installed equipment and warranty
- A custom preventive maintenance program
SUMCO provides precision electroplating for the world’s largest manufacturing industries including automotive, electrical, battery, housing, and military.